Saturday 8 December 2012

What have I done these last months?


Now that it's getting colder, the New Forest is really beautiful. The frost makes it really mystical. 


Aside from exploring the forest by our new home, I've spent lazy mornings walking along the beach. I love the little beach huts and the hazy winter sun. 


Most of my time has been taking up by reading for my dissertation. It's going to be based on Tolkien and the Icelandic sagas, so I've spent many cozy mornings in Starbucks reading and drinking christmassy lattes :)

What have you been up to my dears? Do you love the wintertime like I do? 

the little nordic cabin
x

8 comments:

  1. I loooove this time of year. I hate hot weather. Do you ever find any beach glass on your beaches? Hey as I said on your Fri. post, I'm not seeing your posts on my dashboard for some reason; I've changed/edited all the info but it's still not showing up. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no :( I wonder if anyone else has this problem... Let me know if it sorts itself out, I can't find any advice about it online..

      I've never found any beach glass, but I'll look out for it! Really beautiful shells though, perfect for your little creations :)

      Delete
    2. I'll keep trying to figure it out from here. I think my blog is still linking to the old URL address despite my attempts to change it.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous pictures!

    I've been doing the mom thing and trying to fit in some writing here and there.

    Winter's probably not my favorite season, but it can be so beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Winter, it's my favourite time of year :) I would willingly move somewhere where it's cold all of the time, we don't get enough snow here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love what you have been doing...love the winter forest and all related to snow and ice...also, a lovely theme for your dissertation, Nikki! Interesting and I bet you enjoy exploring it. Have a nice day, Anna.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you are making your thesis about Tolkien? that's awesome! :D it seems such a fun thing to do, when are you going to deliver your thesis? (: Enjoy the winter dear! :D

    ReplyDelete