Monday 13 August 2012

Bye bye Olympics

Yesterday I took the train up to London to look round a little house I might be renting in September. The house is very pretty and it's only a 5 minute walk away from Primrose Hill. However, probably because of it's location, it's very expensive, so my days will be filled with thinking until I have to make my final decision at the end of this week. 

Have any of you visited London while the Olympics have been going on? I was super impressed at how clean and pretty the whole city seemed to be. And in stark contrast to usual London life, everyone seemed happy! I met a man on Primrose hill who told me he had come all the way from Texas. When he found out I was from England he was so pleased to meet me that he shook my hand! The whole city had such a lovely atmosphere. 


I'm not the most patriotic person - as someone who is so interested in foreign languages and culture I never really spend much time paying attention to my own country, but it has been quite sweet seeing Britain showing off its traditions. I'll miss all the themed sweets and cakes especially!


Have you been following the Olympics? What was your favourite moment? I loved watching the gymnastics and the swimming. It made me happy when other countries won the gold - countries who had clearly worked extremely hard and were getting great results.


inspire nordic

7 comments:

  1. I was in London about two weeks ago visiting my brother but we didn't get a chance to go to any Olympic events. I love London though; the history, the culture just everything. I've loved the Olympics makes me very proud to be British! I loved the gymnastics and athletics. It's been great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like gymnastics the most, then diving. I didn't get to watch much of either of them, though, because of Camp NaNoWriMo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I watched a little bit, like you I enjoyed the gymnastics and swimming most, I wish I could do gymnastics! I'm too lazy for all that training, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watched the Olympics almost every day at breakfast! ^^ I love to watch gymnastics :D which one is your favorite? the bottle of traditional lemonade is so cute, you can use it has a jar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't been watching the Olympics at all. I've only seen whatever news comes across the Facebook newsfeed. Good luck on the decision on the rental!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah Britain has really upped their national spirit during the Olympics! I loved the horse-riding and gymnastics :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love swimming and gymnastics! I wish I could have visited during this time. So exciting. Glad you met a Texan cause I'm one. LOL

    Good luck on the move. Sorry I've been gone so long. I've missed you.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete