So I read on ash-matic's blog that when you receive two pieces of news, one has to be good and one has to be bad and that you must categorize them accordingly. I received two pieces of news this evening, but they were not very difficult to categorize.
The bad news was that my cute little 6 year old brother, Jack, fell during his skiing holiday yesterday and broke his wrist in two places. However, that turned out to be quite good news for him, since when I called my sister she told me he was quite delirious from the excitement of having a plaster cast! So I guess that news is half and half!
The lovely news was that I won another award! A great big, shiny thank you to the wonderful armchair squid for nominating me! Please go and visit him right now! (I sneakily took a different 'badge' for the award, he has another, go have a look!)
Here are some instructions:
1. Nominate 15 others for the award and inform them with a comment on each of their blogs.
2. Create a post for the Versatile Blogger Award.
3. In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
4. In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
5. In the same post, include this set of rules.
7 Random Things About Me:
1. I blush really easily. This is quite a large concern of mine right now, since I know that I'm going to have two horribly pink, rosy cheeks as I give my presentation on Monday and as we speak I am silently contemplating how much make-up/paint/paper bags it would take to sufficiently cover my silly cheeks.
2. I love animals but most animals hate me because the moment I see anything furry, I have to pick it up and snuggle it. Our fluffy little kitty, Olga, hides from me whenever I'm home because I frequently bother her and tell her that I will make a scarf out of her someday...
3. I might have mentioned this before, but I am absolutely terrified of wolves. To ease my fear when I arrived here in Norway, I decided to research them a little, since someone once told me that what frightens you is the unknown, so I figured that if I made the unknown known, I wouldn't be frightened any longer. How very wrong I was! I read all about how wolves howl in order to summon the rest of the pack to them and bravely played a couple of sound files. Proud with my efforts, I relaxed into my chair, only to hear a bird loudly chirp outside moments later. I jumped right out of my skin, screamed/squealed/cried and ran for the door. This was it! I'd summoned the wolves with my sound files! It was horrific, to say the very least.
4. I sneeze whenever I go out in the sunshine. I'm pretty sure it's some kind of super power that I just haven't figured out yet.
5. I have invented my own card game. It's called ''Going Out with Nikki" and is a combination of Rummy, Old Maid, Snap, Cheat & other favourites. Rules include having to tell a joke when the joker is played and having to politely apologise to your fellow players if you call 'cheat' and nobody cheated.
6. Speaking of card games, I am really good at Snap. Like really good. It's some kind of not-so-hidden, actually-I-make-it-very-well-known-to-everyone-I-meet talent that I have. I lose at every other game known to mankind so I am very proud of this fact.
7. I never imagined that this blog could possibly get more than 20 followers, let alone more than 50, nor that I would be given two awards and in the process get to ''meet'' so many kind and interesting people! Thank you all so much!
My lucky nominees:
Lisa has a lovely blog, which I linked to earlier today (see below)
How could I not nominate Jeremy, when he has such an interesting blog and when he made a post especially for me yesterday!
Go and look at the beautiful videos Mark posted yesterday!
My good friend Laura turned 22 on Tuesday, so this can be my gift to her :)
Sabrina always writes such interesting things :)
Amber has a dinosaur cursor. Enough said.
I love the way Dana writes 100 word posts each day.
Anita has such a pretty blog. Go and have a look at all of the beautiful pictures she posted today!
I have just discovered Dahye's blog but she definitely deserves an award for it!
Please go and congratulate Amy, it was her blogiversary yesterday!
Jenn's blog makes me smile :)
Melee has a great music blog.
I'm new to Shawnee's blog but she posts some lovely photos!
Bel just signed up for the A - Z challenge, so go and give her some support!
And last but not least, my dear friend Debra really deserves to win all kinds of awards for her lovely blog!