Thursday 6 September 2012

A funeral for a worm

Yesterday was a tragic day. My little brother Jack and our cute little helper, Katie stumbled upon a worm, breathing its very last breaths, abandoned by the side of our driveway. The worm had no friends. She was dying all alone, frying slightly in the evening sun. 

Rushing into my bedroom, the worm tenderly wrapped up in a bit of tissue paper, Katie presented the tragedy to me, asking if I could save the poor thing. There was a dramatic wail of sorrow as I announced the worms time of death. 


A brief, but touching funeral was held. The inscription on the memorial rock above reads, ''I'm sorry you died Kelly''. 

Feel free to hold a minute of silence at your leisure.

inspire nordic

7 comments:

  1. Awww poor worm. That said, I hate worms. lol But that was sweet, having a funeral for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiny humans are ace aren't they? They say and do things that fill my heart with joy! RIP Kelly worm. What a sweet post Nikki, thanks for sharing! Love RM x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen a worm breathe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about Kelly Worm. Hope that you rest in Peace. Also this is the kind of things I like the world for.

    ReplyDelete